Finally after many years, I decided to refresh my website, and give it a proper voice. Naturally the only things that I could choose were the best services availables on the web to make it happen: MediaTemple Hosting service, WordPress blogging capability, latest web standards in comunication and my personal imagination and vision on how the web should be used to talk.
The task at hand it is not a simple one, and I will break down in simple steps, to help me (and everyone else) in the future to follow the same approach in my everyday routine of web design.
- Get the most similar wordpress theme to my objective: Write HTML5 & Responsive Design (Twenty Eleven by WordPress), than strip the whole CSS, loading only the essential. Rewrite CSS and HTML on the style that I need to communicate. [10% done]
- Look at the content already available on the web that I am writing or considering relevant and connecting it to my communication platform (Twitter, Flickr, Delicious, Google Reader). [75% done]
- Implement social sharing to improve visibility (Twitter, Google PlusOne and Facebook). [100% done]
- Implement Google Analytics and Sitemap Xml. [100% done]
- Create a Taxonomy hierarchy of Categories and Tags to help me to keep a proper organization of content, helping the users in finding what they need. [100% done]
- Write every single time that I want to communicate something across, about design and comunication a blog post and do not wait for it. [ongoing]
- Choose a proper selections of fonts for each article like if was a magazine. An example: Dustin Curtis, Jason Santa Maria, Trent Walton. [0% done]
- Design and Code my new website page. [10% done]
- Rewrite Curriculum Vitae in a more designer way. [0% done]
- Insert a redirect page from my old hosting to the new one. [0% done]
I’ll keep updated this post, to keep track of my progression, until I’ll reach 100% in everything.
Next post related
I am an extremely open person that loves a good conversation from silly talks or more serious one, but more than anything I love to be with happy people like me. I love to hug everyone, especially friends. Be aware! I always show my passionate southerner italian love to everyone.
I am a senior web designer, therefore I like everything that is creative and that is related to communications. I am really good at what I do, and I love to work hard to achieve the best result is possible. "Paying attention to the details" it is my motto. I'm interested by the incredible power of imagination of the humankind, and the way we describe, perceive and feel our thoughts and feelings. Recently I am trying to build a strong Barcelona community about web design. I am participating in various important web conference in England (Ampersand, Dconstruct, New Adventure of Web design), and always reading about design and technology solutions for the web.
Anyway, about reading, let's say that I do not read book. I devour them. I read more or less with a media of 2 or 3 books per month. Recently I am enjoying a lot reading on my Ipod Touch. Mainly fantasy or sci-fi, or books about my work, even so sometimes I love to read about some good italian writers like Tiziano Terzani, Italo Calvino or Primo Levi. Still love italian and latin literature quite a bit.
Extremely passionate about good author of movies, comics, videogames and obviously good rock and roll music. Even if doesn't look like, I love to travel (especially slow travelling, so I can assimilate better traditions and cultures). For travelling I normally use Couchsrufing and I am really happy to share this experience knowing interesting people around the world. I am quite active in this community, organising many events. The Christmas party it is the best so far of the whole year :D
I hope one day to take a trip one way only with no return date, to find in my travelling, myself or a restless person that would like to share her life with me. And I am planning in to the future to live and travel in Japan.
If you ever meet me, ask me to cook something for you, because I am so good at cooking, and I love it.
And above all I am still quite eccentric, and a little mad ;D
My Google Profile Alessio Carone
View all posts by Alessio Carone